Friday, March 31, 2006

Don?t Tell Me!

I have shared this poem elsewhere, but feel that it needs to be posted here as well. Each and every day we hear from our friends, neighbors, bosses and just people on the street that we "look good". Well, I get so sick of hearing it so I wrote this.

Don?t Tell Me!
I walk down the street slowly, pausing to recognize my friends as I see them. We stop to talk and I see those most-hated words forming in their mouths. You look good!? They are well-intentioned statements, but words that I don?t want to hear. Just as when you ask me ?How are you?? You really don?t want to hear how I am really feeling. Did you know that when you made that statement I had just been released from the hospital, or, that I was in unbearable pain? Did you know that I am dying? No, I?m not losing my hair as with cancer, nor am I extremely thin. But.you see, I have an invisible disease, one that you only see by searching my soul. I hide my disease well. Please don?t tell me ?You look good? When inside I waste away. Please just give me a hug or wish me a good day, because I don?t want to hear those words.
It?s really easier that way!
Damn Tired

No comments: